EasyRx 3D includes EasyFS -- EasyFS, which is short for Easy File System, is a unique file access system providing secure, direct access to files inside of EasyRx from a networked drive installed on your computer(s), to use with your 3D printers or access on any computer outside of your web browser.
- EasyFS is supported on Window and Mac operating systems
- Access to EasyRx must be setup on each computer needing access to open saved STL files outside of EasyRx
- If you are using a Server that your workstations (computers) are pulling from, we highly recommend installing EasyFS on each computer, for best performance
Setup on a Windows Machine
On a Windows machine, EasyFS is configured as a "Network Location". For reference, google "how to setup a network location on a Windows machine"
In this example, EasyFS will be setup as a Network Location on a Window 10 machine.
- Open Windows Explorer and select this PC
- Right click on Drive C: (or preferred drive) and choose Map Network drive from the ribbon menu or right click and choose "Map Network Driver"
- From the Map Network Drive screen, choose "Connect to a website that you can use to store documents and pictures"
- This opens the Add Network Location Wizard, choose [Next] on this screen
- Choose "Choose a Custom Network Location".
- Enter the following URL on the address line: https://efs.easyrxortho.com
- On the next screen, enter your login to EasyRx and click Remember my credentials
if you reset you password for the EasyRx login used on the EasyFS, you will need to come back and update those credentials
NOTE: If you don't choose "remember my credentials", you will be prompted to enter your user name and password each time EasyFS is opened
EasyRx will validate the URL and credentials, on the next screen, name your network location. We recommend EasyFS:
Click Next and Finish to add the network location. EasyFS will now show as a network location in Windows Explorer, allowing you to browse and open files from this location:
Setup on a Mac Machine
You can connect to EasyFS via the "Connect to Server" option. Google "Connect to Server on a Mac" for reference
In this example, EasyFS will be setup as a Server on a Mac running Mountain Line
- In the Finder, choose Go >> "Connect to Server"
- Type the network address for EasyFS: https://efs.easyrxortho.com and click Connect
- Enter your EasyRX user name and password. Optionally, select "Remember this password in my keychain" to add your EasyRx password to your keychain
- This adds EasyFS to the Finder. NOTE: Mac defaults the serve name to the URL entered and can't be changed.
To reconnect to EasyFS, follow these instructions:
Here are some ways to make it easy to reconnect to shared computers and servers you frequently use:
- Choose Apple menu > Recent Items, and then choose from the list of recent servers.
- In the Finder, choose Go > “Connect to Server,” and then open the pop-up menu to the far right of the Server Address field and choose a recent server.
- Add shared computers, network areas, and workgroups, to the Finder sidebar. Select the item, and then choose File > Add To Sidebar or press Command (⌘)-T.
- Add a shared computer or server to your list of favorites. Choose Go > “Connect to Server,” enter the network address, and then click Add (+).
Once EasyFS has been setup on your computer, you can access any saved file stored on EasyRX via EasyFS. The most common use is via 3D printer software using the File - Open dialogue. When EasyFS is accessed, folders displays for patients (practices), prescriptions (labs) and recent
- Patients. Each patient with STL files has a folder with the files
- Prescriptions. Each prescription with STL files has a folder with the files
- Recent. Shows the most recent STL saved, allowing for quick access
Browse to the appropriate folder to find the needed STL file. You the built search filter included in Windows Explorer and Finder to search for specific patients or files
Chose the file and click Open to open the file from EasyRx. No need to download the file locally
We hope EasyFS helps improve the ease-of-use for EasyRx3D Edit.
We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-340-3751 with questions or help with setup
The EasyRx Team