EasyRx and the great folks at Cloud 9 have developed an integration, allowing data to transfer from Cloud 9 to EasyRx and from EasyRx back to Cloud 9.
-You must be running Cloud 9 version 5.1 or higher
-You must be on a EasyRx Practice Standard, Standard + EasyRx 3D, or EasyRx Premium plan
-You must sign and return the Cloud 9 - EasyRx Authorization Form attached in this article
To get started, you need to sign a Integration Agreement with Cloud 9. The agreement is attached to this KB article.
1. Sign and return the Cloud 9 - EasyRx Authorization Form = email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Cloud 9 will issue your API Credentials and forward to us
3. Using these credentials, we'll enable the integration in EasyRx.
Cloud 9 Setup
Once the integration is enabled, there is some setup work to do in Cloud 9
Add EasyRx to the Quicklinks menu:
You'll want to easily access EasyRx from Cloud 9. To do so, setup a EasyRx on your Quicklinks menu:
- Go to Edit --> Setup
- Choose Quicklinks in left menu
- Click on Add (+) button
- Complete description (label for Quicklinks, ie; EasyRx)
- Place the "Fully Qualified URL": https://app.easyrxortho.com/
- Choose the order in the QuickLinks menu for which you want it to appear --> OK
Add EasyRx Login information to Cloud
1. Go to Edit --> Practice Information
2. In the new Window, choose "Third Party" tab and click on EasyRx Button
3. Enter the preferred EasyRx credentials to be used when launching EasyRx from Cloud 9
NOTE: You may need to logout / login for the changes to take effect.
Edit Employee Permission (for who can add, delete, edit, view Vendor Comments):
Review and edit employee permissions:
- Edit --> Setup
- Choose Employees in left menu
- Click on the Add (+) button if a new employee OR highlight the existing employee and choose the Edit button
- Wait for the Permissions window to load
- Scroll down and locate the appropriate permissions wanted (options for Vendor Comments listed below)
- Place a checkmark in the boxes for which the employee should have this permission --> OK
- When the employee logs back in, it should then be there
NOTE: Only those with Edit Employee Permissions can change these for any office employee (ie: Doctor, sometimes Office Mgr)
Vendor Comments Permissions:
Review and edit Vendor Comment Permissions:
- PCT Add: Vendor Comment (allows employee to add a comment with "Vendor Comment" as the type)
- PCT Delete: Vendor Comment (allows employee to completely remove ANY comments listing "Vendor Comment" as type)
- PCT Edit: Vendor Comment (allows employee to change the text or any selections under comments with a "Vendor Comment" type)
- PCT View: Vendor Comment (allows employee to view and read "Vendor Comment" types)
Once the integration is enabled, a Cloud 9 Menu option is seen on the Dashboard:
Cloud9 to EasyRx integration and workflow:
All patients in Cloud 9 are displayed under Cloud9 - Patients option on the Dashboard
You can lookup or add a patient to EasyRx via the [create rx] button
Once a patient is added to EasyRx, the integration automatically updates demographic and appointment information nightly.
Using the integration:
From the list of Cloud 9 - Patients, search for the needed patient and click [create rx]:
Patient not found in EasyRx
If the patient is not found in EasyRx, this screen is displayed:
This screen allows you to either link the selected Cloud 9 patient to an existing EasyRx patient record or create a new EasyRx patient record
Patient has already been added to EasyRx
If the patient does exist in EasyRx, but EasyRx was unable to automatically link to the patient, you can manually link the patient. Click [Select Patient] under Connect Patient Records, lookup the patient and click [Connect]. This links the patient record in Cloud 9 with the patient record in EasyRx. Going forward, the patient record will open automatically when opened using the integration. For example, let's say you've added patient records to EasyRx before enabling the Cloud 9 -- EasyRx integration, you would manually connect the patient records
Patient not in EasyRx
If the patient does not exist in EasyRx, click [Create] to add the patient. EasyRx will add the patient record and update the fields in EasyRx and link the patient record in Cloud 9 with the patient record in EasyRx.
Patient found in EasyRx
If the patient record opened is found in EasyRx, EasyRx opens the edit a patient screen. From here you can view the prescription history, create a Rx or attach a STL file and so forth:
From EasyRx to Cloud 9 Integration
Once the integration is enabled, the integration also writes a Patient Comment automatically in Cloud 9.
A Treatment Card Comment entry is automatically written when:
- A prescription is submitted for a patient
- A prescription is un-submitted for a patient
- A prescription is marked as delivered to a patient
- A prescription is marked as un-delivered for a patient
These Treatment Card Comment entries are written automatically during the nightly nightly synch. Here is a sample screen shot:
Cloud 9 version 5.1 or higher is required for the Patient Comment to get posted to Cloud 9
The Cloud 9 to EasyRx data synchronization runs nightly, between 1 and 5 AM.
Patient demographic changes, new patients added and appointment information updated today in Cloud 9 will show in EasyRx tomorrow
Once a patient is added to EasyRx, the patient can be found under both the Cloud 9 - Patient list or the Patients list in EasyRx. Accessing the patient from EasyRx patient list displays their demographic information, prescription history and attached files, like STL files.
The Appointment Data from Cloud 9 to EasyRx syncs as follows:
- The next future appointment is synchronized. For example, if a patient has two appointments in the future, the first one will synchronize
- If the patient does not have any future appointments, the most recent past appointment is displayed.
- If the patient has no future or past appointment, the appointment information is blank