Welcome to the Software Enhancements, Updates and Bug Fixes 2010 - Knowledge-base article.
This is a summary of the exciting new changes and corrections introduced in 2021. This KB is updated as each update is released. If there is something in particular that you are looking for, you can search for a keyword on this page by clicking CTRL F on Windows, or Command F on Macs.
As always, we're available to help and answer questions.
The EasyRx Team
We added a part option to remove the unilateral left or right via checkboxes
New Part: Soldered Labial Bow w/ Hooks
When using the Refinement Tools, we made it easier to change the Size and Depth; now you can type in the desired measurements. Or, if you prefer, you can use the slider bar to adjust the measurements.
We also fixed an issue where long files names would bleed off the 3D canvas
Dolphin Treatment Card Integration Changes
For our Dolphin customers, we've enhanced the Dolphin Treatment Card integration to optionally show when Aligner Batches are Delivered. To enable this feature, go to the Dolphin Integration Setup page: Account Settings -- Third-Party Integrations -- Enable Dolphin Treatment Card Integration
When enabled the Aligner Batch Deliver Treatment Cared Entry displays
Time Zone Fixes
We fixed a few issues with our recent Time Zone changes, causing dates/times to display incorrectly if the time zone was other than Eastern Time Zone. We also fixed an issue with our 3D Printer integrations caused by these Time Zone changes.
Big fixe and minor tweaks:
We fixed a formatting issue on the Template Screen
- We fixed an issue with the EasyRx Aligner Tracking Sytem where data entered on the Lower would revert to the same information entered on the Upper.
- We fixed an issue with Chrome causing intermittent "infinite redirects".
- We fixed an issue with Stats where it returned an error message resulting in a Time Out
May 14 - June 1
From May 14 to June 1, we upgraded a number of our internal technologies to keep our infrastructure current, Recent upgrades include PHP, MySQL and computer services we're using at Amazon AWS. These upgrades, although not visible in the UX as new enhancements or features are necessary and critical to the technical health of the application long term. Now that we've finished these upgrades, we can get back to enhancing EasyRx with additional features, refinements and bug fixes.
April 30, 2021
We modified the RPE to allow movement of the bands, without the supporting wire moving with the band.
We added mobility to the 7s (back springs) on the Hilgers Pendulum
We added a new part option "Add Bend" to the Pendulum Spring
We added additional interproximal mobility between 1-7 U/L to the Distal Finger Spring with option to remove either side.
New Part: Lingual Holding Arch w/In-Step
In this example, we combined the Lingual Holding Arch w/In-Step with bands on the 6s.
Spring Loaded Distalizer
The Spring-Loaded Distalizer now supports these movements:
- The bands on the U5 are now moveable to the 4s
- Bands on 5s can be replaced with Rests for both sides.
- Bands on 6s can only remain as bands, but can be moved to 7s.
- The center of the appliance, as outlined in the PR sheet, has acrylic in it.
April 15, 2021
Enhancement: Time Zone Support, Practice Accounts
We've added Time Zone support to practice accounts, to support 3rd part integrations like practice management integrations. Go to Account Settings to set your time zone.
Area Impacted by time zone:
- Practice management integrations, displaying the correct appointment time.
- Displaying the time on the status bar
- We fixed an issue where the Lingual C Clasp would disappear are submitting the case
- On Lab Enterprise accounts, the Invoices tab can be set to display 100 cases
April 2, 2021
Enhancement: New view in Stats
For our Standard+3D and Enterprise customers, we added a new view in Stats "Practices". This View displays practices added for the selected date range.
The page displays Practice Name, City State, Date Connected, If Pay for Practice is enabled and the number of submitted cases by this practice since connected to your lab. If you are using Lab Enterprise, their assigned price list displays. Quick view the practice using View Practice.
- We fixed an issue where if a Clincial Notification was denied, you were unable to create a new Clinical Notification
- We fixed an issue where user accounts with Edit Rx disabled, were allowed to click Create Rx from Patient Profile and Edit a Rx
- We fixed an issue where the Checkout Button under Actions was not responsive (Lab Enterprise customers)
March 26, 2021
Enhancement: EasyRx Aligner Tracking System
We made a couple of changes to the EasyRx Aligner Tracking System, based on feedback from current users
1. We added a new field "Print Date This Batch", allowing you to see a print date for each aligner batch
2. We replaced Print Date - Next Batch with the new field Print Date - This Batch; the feedback we heard it is more relevant to show the Print Date for the batch being displayed, not for the next batch.
New Feature: Assign Admin Rights to Users (Practice)
You can now assign admin rights to users, given you the flexibility to have more than one admin user on your account.
You must be logged in as the practice's primary admin account (we now refer to this as the superadmin),
To assign rights, click "grant admin"
Users granted admin rights inherent all admin rights.
Once granted, the individual rights options are hidden since the user now has admin rights.
March 12, 2021
Cloud 9 Integration Changes
We released changes to the Cloud 9 Integration to support integration changes released by Cloud 9. These changes should be transparent to customers.
Part Changes and Enhancements
Part Change: Unilateral Distal Jet w/Bands
We added part movements to the Unilateral Distal Jet w/Bands (R) and (L):
New Part: Deluke Expander
February 26, 2021
New Feature: Custom Print Label Layout
For both practices and labs, we've added a new interface to customize the printed label.
For practices, go to Account Settings -- Practice - Print Label Setup
For labs, go to Configure -- Print Label Setup
Fields available for labels:
- Patient Name
- Practice Name
- Appt Date
- Date Needed
- DOB (Date of Birth)
- Line Break <br>
Drag the fields from the left column to the right column to customize the label. Insert the Line Break <br> to insert a line as needed
- Set the preferred font size for the label
- 3 Label sizes are supported: default, 1 x. 2.5, 2x
- Set horizontal and vertical alignment
- Check the Preview on the right
New Feature: Create Refinement on Aligner Prescriptions
For Aligner Prescriptions, we added a new option "Request Refinement" to facilitate aligner prescription workflow.
When Request Refinement is selected, the original Rx and the new Refinement Rx are linked, allowing you to easily reference back to the original Rx. It is also more obvious this is a refinement Rx, not a Repair or Remake.
Automated Bracket Removal Refinements
We continue to refine Automated Bracket Removal:
- We tweaked Automated Bracket Removal messages when choosing to send or not send scans to ABR.
- Undo added. If you have automatic ABR processing enabled, and you've marked an Rx to not send scans to ABR, you can now undo this by clicking on the Do Not Process ABR link on the Rx
New Feature: Sintered Bands
For labs, we added support of Sintered Bands
Tweaks and Fixes
- We fixed an issue where the option to hide the lab's standard pricing was being ignored on the Edit Prescription page.
- We improved the styling on the Reset Password view page
- Clinical Notifications now support Per Doctor Email Addresses. Clinical Notifications are sent, in order:
- Doctor email address, if entered on the doctor profile
- Main practice email address, if the doctor email address is not set
- We fixed a few issues with Stats not loading
- We changed how Aligners are counted in Stats, Now:
- Upper only returns counts if the Aligner Rx is Upper only
- Lower only returns counts if the Aligner Rx is Lower only
- Both only returns counts if the Aligner has both upper and lower entered
- We fixed a few issues with EasyRx 3D causing errors or a yellow bar to display during processing
- We fixed an issue with the Invisalign Tracking Lab where if the lab was a commercial lab, the workflow did not process correctly.
- We fixed an issue where on the Patient profile page, the sort options were not working in the file section.
- For Lab Enterprise customers, the invoice export option now includes the Lab Number
- We tweaked the drill hole functionality in EasyRx 3D
Part Changes and Additions
Part Changes: Bilateral Distal Jet
We added options to this part to support removing the Left and Right Gear and add lingual Sheaths
New Part: Flat Habit Crib-
February 7, 2021
Automated Bracket Removal (ABR) File Processing Options
For customers using Automated Bracket Removal (ABR), we added some options to give you the flexibility to control which files do or do not get processed by Automated Bracket Removal. If ABR is enabled on your account, a new menu option displays under Account Settings, Automated Bracket Removal (ABR)
When opened, the Automated Bracket Removal (ABR) Options page opens:
Under ABR Processing Type, there are two options:
Scans are sent to ABR automatically unless the prescription or scan is marked not to send
With this option enabled, by default, any scan with brackets is automated evaluated and brackets removed, creating a new STL file with brackets removed. If there is a prescription or file you don't want ABR to run, you can exclude the Rx or file.
With this option enabled, when creating or editing aRx, the option to No Process ABR is displayed. By clicking this, scans are not sent to ABR
When viewing a Rx, the option displays on the left menu panel:
When a file is manually uploaded to a patient record, a prompt appears asking if you want block this file from going to ABR:
Click Yes to send the scan to Automated Bracket Removal
Click No to not send the scan to Automated Bracket Removal
On Demand - Choose which scans are processed by ABR at prescription or individual file level
With this option enabled, scans are not sent to ABR automatically, you must either mark the prescription to send the scans to ABR or mark the file to send to ABR.
With this option enabled, when creating or editing aRx, the option to Request Bracket Removal is displayed. By clicking this, scans are sent to ABR
When viewing a Rx, the option displays on the left menu panel:
When a file is manually uploaded to a patient record, you can request ABR by clicking the ABR link next to the file:
Select Labs to Not Process Scans
For practices, practicess can also designate certain labs as labs you don't want ABR to run, regardless if the Automatic or On-Demand Option is enabled. For example, you may be using a Tracker lab and don't want ABR to run on any scans sent to your tracker lab. Or you may wish to only have ABR run on scans sent to your In-House lab, not to any commercial lab you send cases.
Check the box next to the lab you don't want ABR to run
Updates to the EasyRx Universal Libary of Parts and Appliances
New Part: Peak Retainer
New Part: Distalizing Lingual Wire
New Part: Double Recurve Spring w/Double Helix
New Part: Double Hook Rest (VLP Expander)
Part Changed: Soldered C-Clasp supports movements to quadrants
January 8, 2021
Enhancement: Scan Type shows on iTero Recent Scans Screen
The scan type now displays on the iTero Recent Scans page:
Other tweaks and enhancements
-You can now print the patient's date of birth on the printed Rx. To enable, go to Account Settings.
-We fixed an issue with the validation link on new practice signups
-For Lab Enterprise customers, we now any Rx Comments on the CheckIn Page
-For Orthotrac Office customers, the Office - EasyRx integration now supports integrating with 2 Orthotrac databases from one EasyRx account. Please contact Support for more information.